Public Works Department
The mission of the Santa Fe County Public Works Department is to maintain and improve the quality of life for residents in Santa Fe County; by maintaining and improving County infrastructure and services, including: roads, water and wastewater systems, solid waste and recycling services, public buildings, parks, open space and trails networks, and renewable energy and energy efficiency-related programs and projects.
The Department accomplishes its mission in six primary functional areas:
- Roads: Maintaining the existing paved and unpaved road network (grading, paving, signage, lighting, etc.), constructing new roads, snow removal, drainage and erosion control.
- Water and Wastewater Utility: Operate and maintain the County's potable water utility. Operate wastewater treatment facilities. Conduct County-wide water management planning and technical investigations. Water conservation assistance.
- Solid Waste and Recycling: operate convenience centers throughout the County, enforce the Solid Waste Ordinance (e.g. illegal dumping), conduct public outreach and education, administer special clean-up programs and collection events
- Parks, Open Space and Trails: Expand, operate and maintain existing network. Plan for new parks, open space and trails facilities.
- County Buildings: Construct, renovate and operate all County facilities (downtown Administration Building, County Courthouse, adult and youth detention centers, fire stations, Public Safety/Sherrif's Complex, etc.)
- Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency: Implement cost-effective renewable energy (e.g. solar) and energy efficiency improvements at existing County facilities and all operations. Provide outreach, education and technical assistance to the commercial and residential sectors
In addition to the primary functions, the Department also maintains all of the County heavy equipment and passenger vehicle fleets.
Open Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Closed Weekends and holidays.
Santa Fe County Public Works Department
424 NM 599 for a Map and directions to the Public Works building: (Click Here)
P.O. Box 276
Santa Fe, NM 87504-0276
Phone: (505) 992-3010 Fax: (505) 992-3028
Adam Leigland, Public Works Director
- Roads: Maintenance - 992-3016
- Roads: Signs/Lights - 992-3022
- Water and Wastewater Utility - 992-9870
- Solid Waste and Recycling - 992-3068
- Parks, Open Space and Trails - 992-9873
- County Buildings - 992-3021
- Office of Renewable Energy and Energy Efficiency - 992-3044
- Fleet Maintenance Division - 992-3033